A vendor-managed inventory (VMI) program is designed to take the delays and risk out of ordering parts so that you can focus on running your business. Olander’s dedicated VMI team will ensure that you have the fasteners you need, where you need them; so that you can focus on an optimal production for your business.
Olander has been managing customers’ inventory for over 25 years. We tailor our VMI programs to each client’s unique business needs, and can reform your program as those needs evolve over time. Whether you require a set of bins to be regularly replenished, or a vending machine with a greater variety of options, we can completely customize a system that works best for your production line—and your bottom line.
It’s easy to get started with an Olander VMI program. Your dedicated Olander Business Development Manager and VMI Business Manager will work with you to gain a clear understanding of your business. Together, you will agree on an initial list of items and usages, to ensure adequate stocking levels and regular replenishments. As your VMI program matures, Olander will update and refine this initial list so that you always have the parts you need—and nothing you don’t. Our team will install racks and bins at your location as required, to hold your products as they are delivered from Olander. Quantities can be adjusted effortlessly according to your usage. This is a living process, and the team at Olander will regularly provide you with meaningful real-time data on any items trending higher or lower than expected, and make recommendations to adjust to your current needs and manage your inventory and par levels.
In selecting a tailored VMI program with Olander, you’ll set your business up for success. Our fastener experts will help you manage your inventory in ways that:
- Optimize production by eliminating unnecessary hardware in your inventory, allowing you to achieve faster assembly
- Reduce your inventory costs by only ordering what you need, and continuously evaluating those needs
- Reduce the floor space you need for inventory by organizing your products in dedicated bins and vending machines
- Consolidate your vendor base by offering the widest variety of fasteners and hardware, thus optimizing your supply chain
- Maximize your inventory turns by monitoring inventory levels and delivering your parts on time and in advance